27582 Volo VIllage Road | Volo, IL 60073
More Info 815-385-3644
4 Sale Buy Owner / Vehicle Located Off-Site
Volo Auto Museum attempts to provide accurate information on the automobile listed above. The actual equipment may vary.
Please confirm all vehicle options, accessories and prices with a sales associate to assure accuracy.
Sale Price: $67,998
4 Sale Buy Owner
Vehicle Located Off-Site
- Year: 1956
- Make: MERCURY
- Model: Montclair
- Stock: fisbo2514
- Engine Size: 312 ci w/ Holley 4 bbl
- Transmission: 3-speed Merc-O-Matic
- Exterior Color: Red/White
- Interior Color: Red/White
Options and Accessories:
- This extremely rare and pristine Mercury Montclair convertible rolled off the line at Ford's Los Angeles assembly plant in 1956. It is one of just a few remaining examples of the 7,762 built that year, with an original selling price of around $2,900--just $135 more than the two-door hardtop model! This car spent the first half of its life in Southern California. In 1979, a new owner took the car to Canada with aspirations to someday restore it, but his dream never came true. Some years later the car was acquired by an automobile enthusiast who painstakingly perofrmed a meticulous, frame-off restoration over a two-year period beginning in 2000. The only presence of any rust was two small pinholes in the left rear floorboard. Today, after reclaiming its U.S. citzenship and having every nut and bolt beautifully restored, this rolling piece of 1950s American history has proudly traveled barely 3,000 miles. Its glistening chrome and shiny red and white exterior with matching two-tone interior turn the heads of both young and old. Jump behind the wheel, lower the top, feel the wind in your face, flip on the Town & Country radio--somehow you won't be satisfied until this trophy-winning beauty belongs to you! Selling for client. Located in Idaho.
Be one of the first to get email notification when the vehicle you are looking
for is added to our inventory.
Signing up for the Auto Locator Service gives you the inside track to our most up to date inventory and helps you find the vehicle you are looking for.
For More Information
The Volo Auto Museum prides itself on offering the world's finest selection of muscle cars, classic cars, antique cars, collector cars and 50's cars for sale, including Ford Mustang, Thunderbird, Shelby, Torino, Cobra, Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, Chevelle LS-6, Corvette, Nova, Impala, Super Sport, Bel Air, Mopar, Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Hemi, Cuda, Challenger, Duster, Road Runner, Charger, Daytona, GTX, Superbird 440, Pontiac Lemans, GTO, Firebird Trans Am, Grand Prix, Olds Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 W-30 Hurst. The Volo Auto Museum also offers famous TV and movie cars for sale, including the Batmobile, XXX GTO, Dukes of Hazard General Lee, Fast and Furious cars, Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor, George Barris star cars and celebrity cars. The Volo Auto Museum's Online store features a large selection of automotive gifts, including car t-shirts, car hats, car books, car signs, car posters, car clocks, and diecast cars.